Dr. Pollycove’s Vaginitis Prevention Recipe
“No More Yeast Infections”
Most recurrent irritations of the vagina in the absence of a risk for a sexually transmitted disease (STD) are due to an imbalance of the factors that are naturally present in the mini-ecology system of the vagina and entrance tissues (the vulva, labia and introitis).
Avoid the causes of environmental imbalance by:
- DO NOT USE SOAP between the labia when bathing or showering. Soap removes natural emollients that protect delicate tissues from irritations of chronic moisture, yeast & friction. We need our natural water proofing to stay healthy!
- Try using the hypo-allergenic emollient cream, Eucerin, for all personal vaginal entrance and peri-anal hygiene. Keep it on the back of your toilet for ease and convenience. A and D ointment as well as Desitin ointment are also protectants.
- If taking systemic ANTIBIOTICS use an effective anti yeast cream (Gynazole prescription is best), 1 applicator per week while on Tx to prevent yeast overgrowth.
- Restore with healthy bacteria place 1 acidophilus capsule in vagina 3 times a week, widely available. Mix 1 tsp water, introduce vaginally with small bulb syringe (baby nasal aspirator), in grocery or pharmacy. Do not put yogurt in vagina (feeds yeast!).
- Take 1,000 mg of Vitamin C twice a day (by mouth) to help balance pH
- Use condoms for all genital touching (not just penetration) to avoid STD’s such as the viruses (Herpes, Hepatitis, Warts[HPV], HIV-AIDS) bacteria (gonorrhea, syphilis, gardnerella) and Trichomonas (a protozoan) if in a new or “uncommitted” relationship.